Thursday, 21 June 2012

A little nom nom nom

 I havent given you guys a recipe for ages so I thought I would write up a post for you. I love love love this dish and I cannot take credit for it. My Dad was shown how to make this my the one and only Mama Roson! Mama is an amazing woman who cooks amazing food, a trait that her son has defiantly got too. The Roson family are friends of my Dad's and are wonderful people.

I have probably tweaked this a little to my own taste over the years and no doubt be frowned on my the Roson's for it but here is my version:

Chicken and Chorizo Stew.

Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts
1 pack of  Chirizo (I use the small ones designed for cooking)
1 onion
1 cup of frozen peas 
I pint of chicken stock 
potatoes 
garlic
basil
parsley
a little olive oil

Directions:
Cut the chicken into chunks and brown in a pan. Remove from the pan. Slice the onion and then cook in the same pan you cooked the chicken in. Add the chorizo and cook until the beautiful red oil starts to come out then add the garlic and herbs (and chilli). Once this is all combined and smelling yum put the chicken back in and pour over the chicken stock. Turn down to a simmer and peel the potatoes. Boil the potatoes until they are nearly cooked and then drain and add to the chicken mix. At this point also add the peas, turn the heat up a little and let it sit for about 10 mins so that the potatoes start to soak up all the juice and break up into it.

Serve in a big bowl with some chunky bread and a glass of wine!



1 comment: