Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Newest Project

I've just finished another knitting project. Its a cowl for a colleague at work. I wanted something simple that would show off the colour of the yarn. The yarn I used was James C Brett Magi-knit baby DK and the colour way is 2126 and the pattern I chose was the Gradient Cowl by Samantha Kirby which I came across on Ravelry. I made it a little shorter as I didn't have the yardage required so I cast on 260 instead of the 320 recommended. However I'm really pleased with the end result:





The stitch you use is linen stitch and working in the round with this type of stitch is so easy! I am madly in love with these stripes and would eventually love to make a linen stitch blanket from this yarn. There are some great colourways. Check out the Deramores website for all the colours they do. I would also like to make myself a cowl/scarf from linen stitch as the end result feels really thick and warm. Watch this space for more knitting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment