I have been a little negligent when it comes to my blogging lately! I'm really sorry but ive either been busy or very down in the dumps and during these 2 polar extremes I just cant find the time!
I have discovered that I have lost my knitting Mojo!!! I have tried to cast on 4 different projects and I just isn't happening. Where as on the other hand I've gone crochet crazy!! I love love love it!!! I've recently finished 2 baby blankets for expected colleagues/friends and currently have 5 more big blankets on the go and I am itching to start another but have been very strict with myself and said no!
I haven't received any post lately. No postcards and no penpal letters! I hope all my ladies are OK as I'm starting to get a little worried now!
I am still struggling to finish the last book in a 12 part series! Im getting a little bogged down with it now and really want to finish it but cant force myself to pick it up!
I've also lost my urge to bake! I'm so sad over it. Im not sure why but I just don't feel the need to be baking at the minute.
On a more positive note I have had company this week! MM is away again - he is having a holiday for his birthday. So I asked some of the girls from knitting group to come over for dinner. We have 1 member of our group "rebel Treble" who has ME. She is a wonderful person and is great conversation but she hasn't really experienced much in the way of culinary delights! So me and "louJ" have made it our mission to enlighten her! So on Tuesday night after knitting group Rebel and Lou came back to my house for dinner. On the way home we stopped at what I like to call the best Thai I know. There is a little dingy pub in Colnbrook called the Punch Bowl that have a Thai kitchen and the food is amazing! After we decided what we wanted and taking it back to mine it was time to start Rebels culinary education. We had a mixture of starter, all of which she tried, but not liked (especially the prawns) and then I had A beautiful Duck dish, Lou had Chicken Pad Thai and Rebel had Chicken and veg with Oyster sauce. She also tried a little of our dishes and we got a general thumbs up for all of them!
I decided to make desert and even though the girls were full they managed to squeeze it in! I made Eton Mess and I can honestly say that I have never had a reaction to anything I made quite like the reaction I had on Tuesday! Saying they loved it would be a gross understatement. lol
I cant wait till the next dinner party! lol
you just need a break is all. i lost the knitting mojo as well. it's sort of few and far between right now. though i'm trying to finish a scarf that's been hibernating for over a year now! as for letters, i'll be writing soon..haven't felt the urge. i've been reading though. :)
ReplyDelete