I have however, made a few knitted bits this year. I have made snoods in huge chunky yarn for both Keri and Stacey:
Keri's snood is the Pink/purple/white one and the yarn is Sirdar Denim Multi. Its a bit of a fluffy yarn but you get a lot of yardage on the ball and its slightly lighter than the other yarn and has a beautiful drape to it.
Stacey's one is the Purple Multi one. Its made with Cygnet Seriously chunky and as much as I love the yarn its very hard going on your hands. Its very thick and hard to work with when working on the round but it is very very thick and will keep her very warm.
As you know from an earlier post, Ollie's friends have kind of become my friends too. I decided to knit them all a little something for Christmas and because I dont really know them well enough to pick out styles or colours I decided on the following:
Beanies for the boys:
And Cowls for the Girls:
This is yarn that I have had lying about for a while and patterns that I know and love. The cowls are made with a mega chunky yarn on size 10 uk needles and knit up in about an hour and the beanies are an aran weight black acrylic yarn and also another pattern thats quick and easy and took about 2.5 hours each to make.
I loved the beanie hat so much that I made on for myself with my much loved Manos De Uruguay silk blend yarn that I have had for over a year but could'nt decided what to use it for:
What do you think? I really like it, however its a little close when being worn so I have to remember to have hair hanging down or I look like im a bald woman wearing a beanie to keep warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment