Back in March 2012 I made a start on this Contract Edge Cardigan. I had finished all the knitting for it and just needed to sew it up. I hate sewing up! its my biggest pet peeve. Needless to say this sat unfinished in my room for months! I had a little urge a few weeks back to get some WIP's finished or Frog some items that I knew I would never finish and this was top of my list to complete. As you can see it actually came out pretty good! Its age 6-12 months which is a new age range for me to be working with as I love making newborn stuff.
During my clear up of old projects I came across a lot of small balls of DK that I put altogether in a bag. I was planning on doing another one of my scrappy granny blankets with it but decided to put the yarn to better use. I came across this Prem Baby Hat pattern on Ravelry. I carried out a pattern search for hat/free/dk/in the round and this came up. I fell in love with them and decided that this was what my scraps were destined for.
I finished the 1st 3 over the first weekend in February and the 4th one was completed 11.02.13. One of the Brit room mates' girlfriend is in her last year of Midwife training and has a Special Care Baby Unit at her hospital so I am passing all the hats on to her. I will carry on making these to break up the monotony of my larger projects and as they only take a couple of hours each I know that they will be hard to stay away from.
No comments:
Post a Comment