Friday, 1 November 2013

Blankets Galore!

Ive been busy hooking up some blankets lately. Would you like to see them?? Okies I will share:




This is my Mega Blanket. Its made with Mega Chunky yarn on a huge Crochet hook (12mm) This blanket is only Moses basket size but is super thick and super squidgy. It worked up really fast and I got it finished in a few hours. The hook was very hard to get used to and needless to say my wrists ached by the end of it. I have a lot on Mega Chunky in a minky colour so will make up another huge granny. 




These are my Crofter Moses blankets. I love crofter as its super soft and the colour ways are beautiful. I edged them in a wonderfully soft Sirdar yarn. I'm currently working on one in pink:


I have was also asked to make a purple granny square blanket for the Mum of a lady I work with. Her Mum is very frail so wanted something very warm to wrap around her legs during the winter. Here's what I made:






Its made from Sirdar Special DK and is 100% Arcylic. I really really love this blanket and am very proud of it. Its so neat, I love the colours and its very very warm. The only thing I would change would be my hook size. I crochet very tight should should have used a 4.5mm hook instead of a 4, but then again it wouldn't be as neat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment