Thursday, 25 November 2010

Have you noticed? (a pictureless post)

Well, I've been busy busy busy knitting my fingers off, Ive neglected my reading and my penpal letters as Im trying to get my Christmas knitting finished, needless to say i got side tracked and ended up starting a hat for myself! Its been a bit of a nightmare and ive had numerous problems and a large amount of frogging but it is finally finished.

I have a swap parcel going out on Saturday and one the week after, Im madly trying to finish a shawl for the later one and am still waiting for my first parcel to arrive from the swap I have already posted too.

On Tuesday this week it was knitting group and we had our largest meeting yet! There were 12 and a half of us! We are practically taking over the pub! There was DBY, Meita, emmabflea, SallyBarrett, Daisydaisydaisy, Piettamama, her little 3 month old little boy Ianto (hence the half), ruthst, me, LouJ, Knit24seven, Little Katie and SlimKnit! It was great.

We have a group outing to the pincushion on Saturday and will be heading back to needlemum's for some home made cake and tea! There are 8 of us going and im really looking forward to it.

Also a few weeks ago I was contacted by a company that I had an interview with over a year ago. They practically offered me the job at the time but the company withdrew the offer as they couldn't justify the wages. Anyways, they emailed me saying that someone had handed in their notice and they remembered me from last year and would was I still looking for work, I emailed back and had a meeting the week before last. I was unsure as to the outcome because they said that they would send me a letter the following week but I didn't get one. I got to work on Tuesday and found out a few things that are making me worry about the security of my position etc and was very upset and checked my email to find that I had been emailed by the company! They told me that an offer letter had been sent out and when I got home it was sitting on the table! Needless to say I was very relieved.

So today I handed in my notice! I finish work on the 23rd December and start my new one on the 4th January!

1 comment:

  1. that is AWESOME!!!!!!!! congratulations, hon!!!! can't wait to hear all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete