Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Rather a lot really ..............

Ive had a very busy weekend! On Friday i did some baking. MIL went to a BBQ birthday party on Saturday and asked me to bake a birthday cake! I love to bake and when i get the chance i leap at it. I got the Hummingbird Bakery cook book for xmas and hadn't made anything out of it so I decided to make the Hummingbird cake:



It contains banana, pineapple and pecans and its covered in cream cheese frosting with a layer of frosting in the middle. I also decided to make a rocky road slab:




This is pure decadence on a slab! I didn't get to try any but im gonna share the recipe with you next post.

I also received a parcel from one of my pen friends containing loads of Hello Kitty bits! I was over the moon and will be sending her a great big thank you card! I also received my new Bag in the post on Saturday morning, I'm madly in love with it and it holds all my knitting stuff!!:



Monkey man called me on Friday afternoon and said to me did i fancy going camping! I really did so we went on our very 1st camping trip! We have a lot of camping gear as we have been meaning to go for a while. The only thing we didn't have was a big enough tent! We only have a 1 man tent but thought we would be ok! We would have been if our pitch hadn't of been on a slope! It was like watching a carry on film! We kept sliding down in the tent and squashing each other! We woke at 2 in the morning because it was freezing and Monkey Man decided to sleep in the car! I didn't get much sleep after that so we were both up and 6.30! We had also forgotten to take a washing up bowl, and some towels! (basic school boy errors we wont be making again). We cut open a 5 litre water bottle to use as a bowl and just used a t-shirt for drying! It was fun and we will defiantly do it again!






It was a really lovely site. It was like a woodland with lots of little clearings to pitch up in. We were surrounded by trees and you could hear other people but not see them which was nice. My friend WannaKnit is an avid camper and has lent me a larger tent to use for the rest of the season so our next time will be great. (Thank you WannaKnit)

I went to knitting group on Sunday when we got back, I managed to get another 2 squares done:



Ive got 2 more to do and the 1st batch is done. Ill need to get another set of the yarn to finish the blanket. Im currently working on the wedding shrugs and some baby bits that i will post once they are done.

When i got back on Sunday Monkey Man was in a very dark mood. He was stressing out about work. He went to the doctors yesterday ad has been signed off with stress and anxiety. They have put him on meds and are arranging some counselling for him. Im really worried about him and feel abit useless, theres nothing i can do to make him better. I just need to give him lots of hugs i think.

2 comments:

  1. definitely. lots of hugs and kisses and just be there like you've been doing. looks like your first camping trip together (aside from the minor errors!) was a good one. we have yet to go camping ourselves but the hubs really wants to and i'm not quite cut out for it! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Neil has depression and it just kills me when it kicks in, because there's nothing I can do to make him feel better. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete