Ive finished reading the 4th in the series of the Frankenstein books. It was great, I'm a bit bummed that i now have to wait until next summer for the next installment. Its been left on a hanger and I'm desperate to know whats going to happen next. I was a little disappointed with the linking to the Odd Thomas Series, it didn't really go any where and I think and Deucalion and Odd could have amazing times if they were in a story together.
I have gotten back into my knitting and am knitting up a storm at the minute. I currently have 3 projects on the go and have 2 finished items from the last 8 days. On the needles at the minute are a pair of Lacey Gloves for Lesley (I'm starting my xmas stuff now), a shawl for myself and a fifteen. I have finished one fifteen:
The 2nd one is worked in the same yarn as the chunky hat I've just finished:
Here is a pic of my Shawl:
Its knitted using Violet Green Socrates SuperSock and the colourway reminds me of Rhubarb growing in the garden. The pattern is called Gabriel's Wings but I've called my version Rhubarb Tumble!
I had a bit of adventure on Wednesday. There was a snake in my office!! I had gotten back from covering reception and found a bag of stuff left om my desk by the yard Foreman, I put the stuff away and when i looked down at the floor i saw what i thought was a toy snake, thinking the Foreman was trying to scare me i bent down to pick it up with the intention of throwing it at him only to discover that it moved! I'm not scared of snakes at all but i did jump as it started to wriggle. I popped into the office next door and asked a colleague to come help me catch and snake and he thought i was lying. Its not till he say it with his own eyes that he believed me. It went behind my book case so we cleared it off and pulled it out and he gone. The only place left for him to go was in a gap under the skirting board. We pulled it off and caught him:
It turned out to be a grass snake. I released him under some huge trees at the front of the building but everyone keeps telling me i should have killed it. I would never have done it and the thought never even crossed my mind. He didn't hurt me and he's a rare wild animal so setting him free was the best thing for it.
I'm currently reading the new Dan Brown book Lost Symbol. I'm a bit hooked on it and need to balance out finishing projects and reading books so I'm making sure one or the other stays at home when i come to work so that during lunch i can concentrate on one thing only.
I'm also hooked on Big Brother. I know its sad but it is the last one and its been a bit up and down this year. I have stayed up late every night this week to watch it as it finishes on Tuesday. I honestly cant wait for it to be finished so i can start getting an early night!!
Its our Sunday knitting group meeting this week and I'm really looking forward to it. There are a few ladies that can only make the Sunday meetings and i missed the last one so I'm looking forward to playing catch up with them.
I haven't had any pen pal letter for a while and i just know that they will all arrive at once! I have also got another new one in the pipe line. She is an American who lives in Spain so im looking forward to starting correspondence with her.
That's all for now and I hope your all OK.
Hi! Nice to read that you're so busy and doing lots of nice things!
ReplyDeleteI'll write you a letter soon, I've been extremely busy with school, because I lost a week when I was sick at home... that's why my letters are "piling up" here... but I didn't forget you! xo Harma
OMG I'd have screamed the place down if I'd found a snake in my office!
ReplyDeletei would've screamed had i seen that snake. lol. i just don't like them. i get the heebie jeebies when i see one! how do you find time to knit AND read?? you must share with me how you do it. can't wait to see pics from the wedding..we don't know yet which dress you decided to wear! i'm working on your letter so it'll go out in the mail soon.
ReplyDelete