Thursday, 23 September 2010

Something old and something new

Ages ago my Nan gave me this really old book about knitting and crochet, its so retro and filled with old patterns from the 70's but the techniques in there are great and there timeless. I took it along to knitting group and at least one of the girls is looking online for one to buy. Its the Collins, Golden Hands Encyclopedia of knitting and crochet:


I'm still learning a some of the crochet stitches but i got a book out of the library called crocheted Throws ans Wraps by Melody Griffiths:


There are 2 "patch" based afghans that i love, the Flower Garden Throw and the Daisy and Rose Throw. I decided to have a go at the Daisy square:



As you can see from the diagram i was a little daunted but with the help of my Nans book i managed to work out all the stitches and I had it done in about 15 min:



The tension is a bit out and I only used 1 colour because it was just a practice but I'm very pleased with it and i think the next one ill try will be the Rose square. So Thank you for the book Nan! Watch this space for more pics of the next one I try.

2 comments: