Monday, 6 September 2010

There is no excuse for neglect!

I'm so so sorry that i haven't blogged in such long time! I'm terrible. Things have been pretty mad here if I'm honest. Ive been manic at work and I've been trying to finish my wip's and keep up with postcrossing and penpals and I've stupidly signed up for a year long round robin as well!!

Well I'm going to do 2 posts. my first one will be about my weekend in Wales. Monkey Man and I went to Wales over the Bank Holiday weekend because my Pops was in hospital and i was super worried about him. I booked the Friday off and we headed out at about 10 in the morning. We timed it pretty right as we didn't hit any traffic and had a pretty straight forward journey. It was super good for me as i took along my Granny Stripe blanket to work on and having 4 and a half hours to work on it was great:

(there is alot more done now but i will blog about that later)

When we got to my Nan and Pop's house i discovered that my Pops was home! I was relieved that he was out but still worried about him. After test etc they discovered that he has no calcium in his blood and the he has Osteoporosis of the upper spine. Also my Dad, dawn and the kids were still there so it was great spending some time with them too before they went home on Saturday morning. I tried my best to do as much as i could to hep them out whilst i was there but felt a bit useless really. Monkey Man and I went for a drive on Saturday and took my cousin Tom along. We went up to a place called St Nons:





It was a beautiful place and the day was beautiful and the church was amazing! There were swifts nesting in the rafters of the church and they were flying in and out of the door with bugs in their mouths and feeding their young.
The church also had some beautiful statues and stained glass:











On my way back to the car I placed my foot (accidently) on a pot hole and twisted my ankle! It was very painful and the pain seemed to be worse the next day so we went to A&E to get it checked and after a fairly long wait and 3 xrays I discovered it wasnt broken but really badly sprained! Its still hurting now!

I will post again tomorrow about other bits a bobs! Sorry again for the lack of posting!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, no, sprained ankles are awful. Did that to mine once (plumbing in the washing machine!) and it was sooo painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your pops was already home from the hospital when you went to see him. :) St. Non's looks amazing. Ugh..you poor dear. I've badly sprained my ankle so I know all too well what you're going through. Hope it heels quickly.

    ReplyDelete