Come and take a peek at my life, loving, laughing, crying, crafting, knitting and baking!!!!
Friday, 20 April 2012
I feel like a proud parent.......
For those of you who know me you will know that Im a knitter who isnt into very complex projects, 1 or 2 balls things are what I like. I hate sewing up and I prefer to do baby hats, mittens, booties, blankets, adult hats and mittens etc. With crochet im even worse, I love doing blankets but either giant granny squares or rippley ones. Well im very proud to announce that this year my New Years resolution was to work on more challenging things and even go as far as knitting something for myself that wasnt a hat, scarf or pair of gloves.
The my lovely friend Anna has a crofter pattern book that I have totally fallen in love with so I treated myself to a copy:
Its full of super easy but super cute knits that look even more complicated than normal thanks to the crofter yarn. There is one pattern in the book that i have well and truly fallen head over heels in love with:
Isnt it the sweetest little cardigan you have ever seen. I love love love it!!! Needless to say I grabbed the crofter I had in my stash, whipped out the needles and dove head first into my 2nd ever cardigan. SOOOOOOOO here is my attempt ...........
What do you think???
I am so so pleased with this! Thanks to the lovely Knit24Seven from my knitting group I have learned a new method of seaming and I think it looks so much better than my earlier failed attempts. I am beaming from ear to ear over this and even took it to work to show to all my co-workers! The only thing I have left to do is find some buttons that will look truly amazing - the hunt is on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







It looks great!
ReplyDeleteIt looks lovely. That's the one I fell in love with when they published it as an excerpt in one of the magazines, you can see my attempt at it in my Rav Projects. I had some leftover yarn and made some booties as well.
ReplyDelete