Thursday, 21 April 2011

Im a Woman trying to find the right balance.

Im finding myself doing a lot of juggling at the moment. Juggling to keep everyone in my life happy, juggling different creative projects, juggling with finances, juggling different workloads, juggling with medical problems, juggling with emotional issues etc etc etc!

Its nearly the Easter Holidays and I have booked the 3 days off between the 2 bank holidays so I get 11 days off for the cost of 3 days of my annual holiday allowance! BUT I'm busy trying to keep everyone happy! I planned on going to my stepmums house for the whole of the holidays but received a call from my Dad, its his 50th next week and would like all his family around him on Saturday so I had to put my trip off by a few days. I then get a call from my Mum (birth mum) and she is having a BBQ on Sunday and wants me to go! after a lot of juggling about the emotional toll on everyone else involved I said no. Therefore my weekend plans are as follows: Off to Dad's on the train on Saturday morning, spend Saturday with Dad and apologise for not being able to buy him a present, spend quality time with him whilst no doubt arguing with all of my siblings, stay at his house for the night, get up the next day and be collected by my stepmums brother (hopefully no arguments will ensue) and the go to my stepgrandparents house for dinner and then head out to my stepmums home! Its so much to do in such a short time and my stress levels will be out of the roof!

I need to have enough clothes for a week and also take along some small portable knitting projects and I don't have a suitcase!!!

Maybe next time they all get very demanding I may just ask them to take a step back and ask me what I want to do! But then again maybe not, I never can seem to get that internal balance right! I know where I really wish to be but that will have to be later in the year Nan.

1 comment:

  1. just breathe and take a breath. everything will work itself out (eventually!). now why do you need to juggle to keep everyone happy in your life? that isn't your job! you've got enough on your plate. hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete