I called the dentist on Friday asking to speak to my dentist and when he called me back I explained everything to him and he booked me an emergency appointment in his private clinic on Saturday. Well, needless to say I didn't get much sleep due to the pain and I couldn't eat so that was also making me grouchy. When I woke up yesterday morning I looked in the mirror and saw this:

The whole right side of my lip had swollen and also my right cheek! Needless to say I freaked out! Was it the toothache? was i the coldsore? or was it a combination of both? I went running round to Sue & Grahams house because I needed a friendly face and brke down as soon as Sue opened the door! Thankfully she calmed me down and offered to drop me at the dentist.
When I got there Dr Janjua (The worlds greatest Dentist - thats another post in itself) said that he would do a root canal on the tooth ansd hopefully that will save it, he couldnt make any guarentees and we would have to see how it went. So he went in and killed the nerve and has put a temp filling in. He prescribed me some very strong painkillers and they have definatly helped. I feel confident that I wont loose the tooth.
He also informed me that the swelling is nothing to do with the tooth and is solely caused by the coldsore. When I picked up my prescription I also got some Coldsore cream. Im hoping that it will work. I have woken up this morning and my face is still swollen. I will see how it is tomorrow and if its still bad I will go to the doctors. I have always suffered from coldsores and I have never had swelling this bad before. Fingers crossed it will be alright.
Poor you! I think you should go to the docs about the swelling I have had that before with coldsores and it's when they become infected, they'll probably give you antibiotics. Take care and I hope we'll see you Tuesday XXX
ReplyDeleteOh no, poor you, that sounds horrendous. I hope that's the end of the dental problems now, and the swelling goes down soon.
ReplyDeleteAh Sarah you poor thing - your face looks so sore! You always seem to take one step forward and two back darling. The new place looks great and we all hope you will be happy there - you certainly deserve it. Hope to see you real soon love from us all always ~Karen xxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteSounds horrendous. You poor thing, are you a bit run down as that's when the dreaded cold sores flare up.
ReplyDeleteHope you are better soon and have no bad reactions to the pain killers.
ugh. you poor dear. i knew instantly that it had to be a root canal. :P at least it is taken care of now. :)
ReplyDelete